State Coordinator - Jharkhand
Job Title: State Coordinator
Location: Ranchi, Jharkhand, with travel anywhere in India
Last Date for responding: 19th February 2023
Position: 1 in numbers
Expected Date of Joining: 1st of April 2023
About the Organization
Indo-Global Social Service Society (IGSSS) is a non-profit organization working with the mandate for a humane social order based on truth, justice, freedom and equity. Established in 1960, IGSSS works for development, capacity building and enlightenment of vulnerable communities across the country for their effective participation in development.
IGSSS implements and supports quality development programs in 21 States and 1 Union Territory in India to empower individuals and communities. Through its programs on Sustainable Livelihood, Disaster Risk Reduction, Gender Equality, Urban Poverty Reduction and Youth Development, IGSSS has reached out to more than 2 Lakh families every year. The programs at IGSSS are targeted towards the poor, marginalized and vulnerable sections of the society with special emphasis on women and children.
Job Role: The State Coordinator will be responsible for all projects implemented in the State assigned to him/her. S/he will also be responsible for all state operations including administration, logistics, budgeting, financial, staffs according to IGSSS’s Policies and guidelines. S/he will be responsible for deepening and expanding the program portfolio of the state.
Reporting to: At operational level the role is of individual contributor hence S/he is should be self-motivated and actively connected with Thematic Leads, Organisation and Program Sustainability and Grant Management Unit.
Working Relationship (not limited to):
Internal: Staff in States, Grant Management, Communication, HR, Admin, and Finance
External: CSOs, Government Department and Ministries, Research Organisations, Networks and National and International Development Agencies
- Provide overall leadership of project implementation, administration and operations in the state.
- Responsible & Accountable for the implementation of all projects of IGSSS’s thematic priorities including flagship programmes in the state
- Provide overall leadership of project implementation, administration, and operations in the state.
- Lead, supervise, nurture, and support a team of staffs to ensure smooth implementation of the projects.
- Lead annual program and finance planning for the state based.
- Plan State level strategies in line with IGSSS’s National Strategy
- Network and build strategic partnerships in the State as well as local administration both Urban and Rural
- Develop quality reports as per commitments and timelines.
- Plan financial managements for all projects with the Grant Management team.
- Propose new concepts to address the social issues in the states for formulation of new programmes for the State.
- Analyze, identify and plan for documentation of learnings from the State interventions for IGSSS’s Knowledge Centre.
Qualification and Competencies
- Postgraduate in Social work or sociology or Development studies or any other humanities subjects.
- 7-10 years of demonstrated supervisory experience in Program Management, Finance Management, Project Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Networking, Liaising, Event Management etc. Experience of Direct Community engagement is a must.
- Experience of working on and managing varied range of developmental projects for the marginalized communities.
- She/he should have good knowledge on urban and rural issues of Indian states. ·
- She/he should be actively involved with project staff in planning and implementing the project.
- She/he should have excellent communication skills to work with the different groups in communities.
- She/he should have knowledge and interest to work with different government departments with special focus on local self-governance.
- She/he should be good command over regional and English language (reading, writing and speaking) skills.
- She/he should be flexible and enthusiastic to take additional responsibility to ensure the achievement of IGSSS vision and mission.
Remuneration / Package / Benefits:
Salary will be based on experience and overall fit including PF as per law. In addition – range of benefits including medical insurance, personal accident insurance, and opportunities for further personal development.
We at IGSSS believe in creating Diverse Environment and Equal Opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, orientation, or ethnicity. We encourage, women & transgender to apply. We are committed to fair employment practices & procedures.
Application Process: Interested candidates, please email the following requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position name in the subject line. Last date of Submission is February 19th Feb 2023
- Cover letter stating the post applied for
- Latest updated CV
- Details of 2 references with full contact details
- Expected Salary & Joining date.
In case your profile does not match with the aforementioned profile, you are requested not to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Interviews.
Please also note that phone calls with regard to the applications will not be entertained.