Project Coordinator – Punarnirman
Indo-Global Social Service Society (IGSSS) is a non-profit organization working with the mandate for a humane social order based on truth, justice, freedom, and equity. Established in 1960, IGSSS enables the poorest communities in unreached India to break free of social and economic deprivation to achieve a positive transformation in their quality of life. The focus thematic areas are Sustainable Livelihoods, Climate Change Adaptation, Urban poverty Reduction, Disaster Risk Reduction, Youth Development, and Gender Equity. For more details: https://igsss.org/
Job Title: Project Coordinator, Punarnirman (To build back better): For informal & migrant worker rights and organizing project.
Location: Delhi, with travel anywhere in India Position: 1
To ensure the overall execution and coordination of Punarnirman (To build back better): For informal & migrant worker rights and organizing project, and support IGSSS staff and networks with the required capacities to effectively implement the project in selected cities across India.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensures execution of the project and the timely achievements of the project objectives
- Coordinate the direct interventions, engagement, and networking at select city and state levels
- Guiding, capacitating IGSSS team and CSO networks on informal and migrant workers issues
- Coordinating & development of modules, publications and training materials for implementation of project interventions
- Develop possible linkages with other potential technical resource agencies/groups/individuals to complement the interventions and expand the benefits to the target group.
- Ensuring quality training and practices in all implementation areas and documentation of the activities
- Supervise the programme actions and finance in the project in all matters of project implementation and management
- Ensure proper documentation of reports, MIS and programme reporting
- Working in Urban Poverty Thematic of IGSSS on the broader issues of worker rights in Indian cities and contribute to IGSSS’s urban thematic development
- Identify areas and expansion of programs on labour rights and workers, and develop
perspective building of organization and staff for the better implementation of the program and future actions
- Post Graduate degree in the relevant field of labour studies, informal livelihoods, workers rights issues, urban studies, development studies, or social work.
- Have a good understanding of the labour rights and intersection with urban poverty issues and a strong background in working on ground with workers and urban poor communities.
- At least three to five years of prior professional experience in a similar post.
- Trainer certification is added advantage.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Should have prior experience in executing projects, designing capacity building actions, training modules and planning activities.
- Ability to work for long hours, travel with demanding timelines.
- Proven experience in jointing working and forming community-based organizations, worker collectives, cooperatives or worker groups.
- Languages: English and Hindi mandatory (spoken and written).
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of integrity, coordination, and transparency.
- Strong ability to remain flexible and adapt to the capacities of IGSSS staff and worker communities.
- Open for frequent traveling to the field and hands-on work with IGSSS staff on the ground, field staff and communities.
- Technology Savvy and having good functional knowledge of Microsoft office, and other basic computer literacy.
- Passionate about working and engaging with workers on worker rights, livelihoods, and their inclusion in urban.
- Committed to IGSSS vision, mission, and code of conduct.
Remuneration / Package / Benefits: Maximum limit Rs. 65,000/- per month CTO based on experience and overall fit including PF as per law. In addition – range of benefits including medical insurance, personal accident insurance, and opportunities for further personal development.
We are equal opportunity employer, Women and Transgender are encouraged to apply.
- Latest updated CV
- Details of 2 references with full contact details
- Cover letter
- Expected Salary & Joining date
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Interviews.