State Finance Officer – Guwahati, Assam
Indo-Global Social Service Society (IGSSS) is a non-profit organisation working with the mandate for a humane social order based on truth, justice, freedom and equity. Established in 1960, IGSSS enables the poorest communities in unreached India to break free of social and economic deprivation to achieve a positive transformation in their quality of life. The focus thematic areas are Sustainable Livelihood, Climate Change Adaptation, Urban poverty Reduction, Disaster Risk Reduction, Youth Development and Gender Equity.
IGSSS is committed to provide an inclusive, diverse and safe environment to its staff and the communities. We are driven by our commitment to the fundamental belief that all human beings have the right to a LIFE with FREEDOM and DIGNITY.
Job Title: State Finance Officer, Assam
Location: Guwahati, with travel anywhere in India
Reporting to: Regional Coordinator, Assam
No of Position: 1 in number
The State Finance Officer will be responsible for managing the overall finance operations in a state of each project with a focus on budget tracking, expenditure monitoring, and reporting and cash flow management. S/He will Assisting Regional Coordinators with the overall project accounting from the start to the finish of the project and taking ownership of the systems required for this.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure staffs comply with financial guidelines and approval levels
- Review monthly financial tracking tool for each project to ensure budget control and management and assisting State Coordinators by providing reports on project variances of actuals vs budgets, and updating forecasts
- Verify all supporting documents for authenticity and obtain approvals before entering them in the organization’s accounting software
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements, transactions and supporting documents
- Prepare vouchers and allocate expenses to proper accounting codes for all financial transactions in line with budgets and project documentation
- File and archive all accounting and supporting documents appropriate
- Visit Field Locations to provide support and ensure compliance on grant spending
- Support Grant management unit, Finance Admin by providing all required financial information and reports.
- Work closely with HR and Administration on various elements of financial systems and processes related to the project activities, asset management and procurement.
- Verify expenditures and payments to vendors based on approved procurement plans and processes, purchase requisitions and purchase orders
- Analyze advances to staff, parties and other receivables/payable by month of origin; and make timely adjustments.
- Support state team in preparation of project related budgets and reworking of budgets in keeping with changes in project plans
- Ensure donor and Government compliance aspects are met in financial recording and reporting and send legal compliance reports/details to Admin Finance as per timeline.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and approvals · Provide information for internal and external auditors, as required and support in the audit process.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and submit to Regional Coordinator.
- Close books of account monthly as per timeline and send reports/documents to Grant Management unit/Admin finance.
- Cash management of the state office and ensure the cash payments/transactions are as per the organizational norms. Closing of cash book on regular basis.
- Responsible for office administration.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Graduate in commerce or any other related field
- Five years of relevant professional experience in an NGO Financial management
- Significant knowledge and experience of all core financial management activities including accounts payable, cash management, budget development, Statutory requirements, and standard accounts
- Proficiency in numeracy skills and good computer skills (Excel Especially, Word)
- Ability to priorities work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills with proven proactive approach
- Ability to lead and motivate others, strong self-awareness and flexibility
- Ability to work creatively, effectively and under own initiative;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English and Hindi/local language).
- Keen attention to details
- Working knowledge of Tally and ERP
Remuneration / Package / Benefits: Maximum Budgeted Salary 40k or shall be based on experience and overall fit including PF as per law. In addition – range of benefits including medical insurance, personal accident insurance, and opportunities for further personal development.
We at IGSSS believe in creating Diverse Environment and Equal Opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, orientation, or ethnicity. We encourage, women & transgender to apply. We are committed to fair employment practices & procedures.
Please send your CV with a cover letter and two references at email@example.com mention the position applied in the subject line.
Last date of Submission: 7th Dec 2022