Improve the quality of life of the excluded communities by creating Sustainable Livelihood options in adherence with the principles of social and ecological inclusion.
Time and again, the importance of handholding the underserved with means to avail of reliable income-generating opportunities have been brought to the fore. We believe simple things like transferring the knowledge on innovative and sustainable livelihood practices to the poor and vulnerable communities, supporting them to gain access over land and livelihood assets and mobilising them through institution building can ensure food security and improve their quality of life.
How We Work
- Facilitating linkages of communities with government welfare schemes and basic entitlements
- Ensuring communities have access to Public Distribution System, Primary Health Centre and Nutrition Rehabilitation Centres
- Facilitating community asset creation for resilience building and self – sustenance
- Ensuring adoption of Integrated Farming & Natural Resource Management through community participation
- Persistent effort towards technological innovation
- Forming and strengthening of community institutions for convergence & sustainability
- Providing input to communities on climate smart practices
- Facilitating capacity building for entrepreneurship, gainful employment and livelihood sustainability of underprivileged women & youth
- Nurturing rural enterprises
- Promoting women as advocates of food and nutrition security for the community (through locally available produce & dietary resources and revival of traditional food habits)
- Harnessing the potential of renewable energy (solar/wind/micro-hydel) to support livelihood enterprises
Sustainable Livelihood Projects
Sustainable Options for Uplifting Livelihood (SOUL) programme has been implemented by IGSSS since 2013. SOUL has been focusing on improving the livelihood status of rural poor families by reducing their vulnerability and increasing the food security through judicious...
People Led Development Approach initiative focuses on improving the access to safe, adequate and nutritious food for the 950 targeted families of 15 villages in tribal-dominated Jhabua district of Madhya Pradesh. Project team has been helping and facilitating the...
Jhabua is a tribal dominant district of Madhya Pradesh. The main source of livelihood is agriculture and more than 73 percent agriculture is rain dependent. Irregular rainfall and scarcity of water forces farmers to constantly migrate to other cities for daily wage...
Provision of Livelihood and Nutrition Security for Tribal Families (PLANT) is a project aimed at ensuring food, nutrition and income security of the people belonging to Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Castes, covering 20 villages of Churchu block, Hazaribagh,...
Promoting Agri-Enterprise among Vulnerable Farming Households or the PAVE project, covering 15 villages of Gola block, Ramgarh district, Jharkhand, is an effort to educate the people about diversified agricultural techniques through which they can maximize their...
The aim is to set the path for sustainable and inclusive development in flood affected areas of Bandipora and Baramulla districts. Households and community organizations are being mobilized and strengthened through support and capacity building to take part in...
Integrated Development through Enterprise and Agriculture or Project IDEA aims to enhance the quality of life of marginal agriculture-dependent communities through improved and integrated development outcomes, related to natural resource management, sustainable...