IGSSS with the support of USL (United Spirit Limited) has started a project called Security Health Education (SHE). It is implemented in Ganjam district, Odisha. The intervention was conceived in response to the fact that Ganjam, being one of the most backward districts of India, lacks primary health services and the people do not have access to safe drinking water and sanitation facilities, despite various efforts by the government.
- Three water management committees (WMC) have been formed and strengthened in three project villages
- Three drinking water structures now functional in three villages and households from three villages have access to clean drinking water
- Four community ponds were renovated and cleaned for community use
- Three sanitation committees have been formed in each village
- 48 community toilets have been constructed and the community is using them
- Village level cleanliness drive conducted every month with the help of water management and sanitation committee
426 patients availed free health checkup and medicines through health camp