People Led Development Approach initiative focuses on improving the access to safe, adequate and nutritious food for the 950 targeted families of 15 villages in tribal-dominated Jhabua district of Madhya Pradesh. Project team has been helping and facilitating the families in reviving and adopting the traditional knowledge of farming & enhancing healthy food practices for the sustainable development of the community.
The community is led by themselves and is working for the holistic development of the village. They are preserving and replicating traditional seed varieties, farming practices and culture. They are also sharing their learnings with others through government forum, agriculture fair and local campaigns.
- 18 types of traditional seed varieties are being preserved and replicated by the seed societies
- The community leaders and CBOs are rewarded eight times by district administration
- The community based institute registered themselves as NGO and received contract of 1.05 Crore rupees from PHE department for supply of door to door water in whole Gram Panchayat
- 564 farmers received benefits of various government schemes and received Rs. 30 Lakh through convergence
- 800 community members have been sensitized towards the adaptation of traditional farming practices through community meeting, capacity building and exposure visits
- 450 farmers adopted the various organic farming practices
- 200 farmers registered themselves as organic farmer
15 seed societies have been formed in the project villages and 331 women are associated with the societies