Integrated Development through Enterprise and Agriculture or Project IDEA aims to enhance the quality of life of marginal agriculture-dependent communities through improved and integrated development outcomes, related to natural resource management, sustainable livelihoods and health with the support of HDFC bank in 11 villages of Barwaha block at Khargone District, Madhya Pradesh.
The goal of this project is to form and strengthen village level institutions. These communities groups would then adopt agricultural best practices for reducing the input cost of agricultural by establishing a nursery, use of organic pesticides and compost, management of village resources etc.
- 10 ARCs are fully functioning as Agriculture Knowledge Hubs in the village
- 500 small and marginal farmers have adopted diversified agriculture practices which is also helping them with increased income
- Seven women enterprise groups (75 women) have started earning increased income from (off farm livelihood) income generation activities.
- 50 households have adopted clean fuel energy measures.
- 500 households are practicing healthy sanitation practices (using water and soaps after using toilets, WASH measures)
- 11 Village Development Councils are actively taking steps to manage biodegradable waste and clean drinking water supply locally. The VDCs have also been strengthened to participate in local governance planning processes.