Ensure parity in opportunity, access and control over resources/entitlements irrespective of any gender.
Unbalanced development is inadequate development. Our work revolves around working with young boys and men within a positive fatherhood model, promoting women farmers and working with young adolescent girls towards creating awareness about their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
How We Work
- Development of a positive fatherhood model through sessions with groups of older & younger men to ensure a gender equitable environment within families
- Information dissemination and awareness generation regarding sexual and reproductive health through adoption of ‘Peer-to-Peer’ approach
- Building community trainers as carriers of critical information regarding sexual health and reproductive health rights
- Increased access to agricultural resources and entitlements through preservation of local knowledge (indigenous seeds, organic fertilizers), trainings & information dissemination
- Facilitating access to credit and market linkages
- Facilitating creation of gender neutral equitable spaces in urban and rural schools
- Working with Third Gender
Gender Equity Projects
Story of Ramvilas and Gauri sowing seeds of Gender Fairness in remote Uttar Pradesh Braving the early morning rain, the two of them rushed to the small office of Gramin Vikas Prayas Samiti (GVPS), a local NGO in Mau district, Uttar Pradesh. As we started our...