Expression of Interest
Call for EOI (Expression of Interest) for Conducting Feasibility Study for Watershed Development and document the possible actions/opportunities that can be incorporated to develop and design proposed interventions for the target villages, for Indo Global Social Service Society, New Delhi
IGSSS invites EOI (Expression of Interest) from research consultants/agencies/ organizations/ individuals to design and execute a study on Conducting Feasibility Study from 15-10-2022 onwards. Interested research consultants/ agencies / organizations/ individuals are requested to send in their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10-10-2022 along with their CV and copies of reports of similar assignments handled by the applicant/agency.
Indo-Global Social Service Society (IGSSS) is a non-profit organization working with the mandate for a humane social order based on truth, justice, freedom and equity. Established in 1960, IGSSS works for development, capacity building and enlightenment of the vulnerable communities across the country for their effective participation in development. IGSSS implements and supports quality development programmes in 22 States and 1 Union Territory in India to empower individuals and communities. Through its programmes on Sustainable Livelihood, Disaster Risk Reduction, Gender Equality, Urban Poverty Reduction and Youth Development, IGSSS has reached out to more than One Lakh families every year. The Programmes at IGSSS are targeted towards the poor, marginalized and vulnerable sections of the society with special emphasis on women and children.
ABOUT THE ASSIGNMENT
IGSSS with support from National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is implementing a programme under Watershed Development Fund, in the target 06 villages of Meghnagar Block in Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh.
The programme is intended to work upon on the following broad focused areas –
- In situ conservation of soil moisture and topsoil.
- Rainwater harvesting and drainage of excess water. Providing supplementary
- Irrigation and regeneration of soil fertility.
- Improved agricultural productivity through use of conserved soil moisture,
- Growing alternative crops and changing cropping pattern.
- Judicious use of natural resources (such as land, water, plants, animals, etc.) For
- Creating livelihood opportunities for people living within a watershed area.
- Developing micro-watersheds in a comprehensive manner so as to create
- Adequate and sustainable livelihood opportunities for the inhabitants of that
- Catalyze the formation of village groups for regeneration of their degraded
- Environment through participatory self-help initiatives.
- Strengthen people’s movement for sustainable economic development.
The prime objective of the programme is to increase the well-being of the community by enhancing the income level through collectivization of farmers, promotion of sustainable farming for increased production, setting up of on-farm and off farm enterprises and improving the village infrastructure. The main stays of the projects are promotion of Farmer Producer Collectives and setting up of the enterprises. Along with the enterprises, the families will also be engaged for improving agricultural production, natural resource management, and access to health and education.
IGSSS is currently implementing the programme in the target villages, whereas completed the Capacity Building Phase of the programme incorporating the findings of the rapid rural appraisal conducted in the target villages. IGSSS need to conduct the feasibility assessment at village and community level to scope of future actions by understanding the challenges and opportunities.
- Gather grassroot information related to holistic development of community and the village and suggest recommendations for quality enhancement and effectiveness by which strategic changes can be incorporated in future programming.
- Document the capacities and vulnerabilities of the target community followed by effective strategic resolutions/recommendation for mitigation of vulnerabilities.
- Analyze the status of the local level entrepreneur/income generation institution, recommend bridging the gaps to strengthen these institutions/entrepreneurs.
- Assessment of community level local produce/products for value addition.
- Analyze the Social Behavior and inclusion for equitable representation.
The Need Assessment study will undertake to understand, assess and document, the following:
- To conduct the vulnerability assessment towards Climate Change and Risk Profiling.
- Survey of land and soil incl. marking of ridge & nala, preparation of base map.
- Survey of drainage line, site selection for structures, design and estimate of drainage line structures.
- Hydrology, well inventory and Soil sample analysis.
- Survey no. wise data collection on present & proposed land use
- Analysis of data & report preparation.
- Reprography/ map preparation/ Digitization of watershed
- Special services for planning Livelihood/ Agri Productivity Enhancement Measures
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is to be conducted for the target watershed area being defined by the NABARD of 1281.69 hectare covering 06 target villages, based on the study a comprehensive plan of proposed intervention will be developed for the target villages in coming 05 years.
- Conduct a comprehensive need assessment in the village, on focus areas by establishing the nature and magnitude of the gaps in knowledge, skills, and aptitudes.
- Determine the measures required to bridge the identified gaps, which may include, but not limited to, recommendation of the required programme interventions, structures, required expertise, the level of training, training institutions, etc.
- The selected agency/individual consultant will undertake a quantitative and qualitative assessment study to understand knowledge level on local issues in context to holistic development of the village, as well as different aspects related to developing strengthen the capacities of community and institutions.
- The agency/individual consultant will make special efforts to assess the difficulties and challenges experience by the community to record the transition of immediate and underline causes, which will support in developing the intact interventions under the programme.
- Collecting data from the Households of the target families and direct participants of the project on their socio-economic parameters – demographic details, education and employment, income, and expenditures, living and working conditions, management of disaster (adaptation, mitigation, and preparedness), role of various stakeholders, etc. through a standard questionnaire, using a suitable sampling method.
- Conducting Focus Group Discussions with Women Committees (SHGs, Micro Enterprises) and other CBOs to grasp the finer nuances that cannot be captured by the survey and to get a deeper insight to understand what can be done the programme to help address these issues and make them more vibrant and sustainable.
- Conducting qualitative interviews with different stakeholders involved through the network/ convergence having participated in the process.
- Conducting qualitative interviews with project staff and IGSSS management to understand their perspectives, challenges and vision
- Participatory tools will be encouraged adhering to objectives of the Study
- Undertaking Land, Water, Soil technical study as mentioned in SPECIFIC TASK
EXPECTED OUTCOME OF THE TASK/ ASSIGNMENT
The study will come out as reference document for planning and implementation through documenting the location specific opportunities and gaps to effectively implement Full Implementation Phase of Watershed Development Programme.
- Geographic Spread
The programme is being implemented in the 6 target villages of Meghnagar Block of Jhabua District, within the periphery of 25 km.
- Sample size
The total population resides in the target 6 villages. While in the programme based on the Rapid Rural Assessment 3350 household have been targeted initially under the programme.
The sampling should be adequate to represent the population (preferably 5% to 10% of the direct participants for quantitative study), followed by minimum 01 FGD in each village having blend of different level stakeholders (Front Line service providers, PRI members Community Based Organizations)
- Research focus
Research focus should be on the small and marginal farming families along with landless, especially the women in the household. Whereas at the village level the lead stakeholders of the village (PRI members, Mukhiya, Social Leaders etc.) including the local institutions.
EOI with proposal
Expected is, based on the above-mentioned needs/ parameters, a detailed technical and financial proposal will be shared for perusal.
Shortlisted agencies/ individuals will be invited to share the study design and selected agency/ individual will be awarded the contract and ToR signed.
EXPECTED PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT TO CONSULTANT/ AGENCY
The assignment will commence from 15-10-2022 onwards and is expected to take around 2 weeks for completion. The probable completion date is 31-10-2022.
DELIVERABLES FROM CONSULTANT/ AGENCY
- IGSSS will provide the research consultants with inputs on survey questionnaire; also assist in organizing point persons contacts in different project areas. For the qualitative aspects of the study like FGDs and Interviews – IGSSS will assist in locating the groups for FGDs and the people to be interviewed; both will be conducted by the research consultant.
- Consultant/Agency is expected to manage all aspects of the survey data collection, entry, management, and analysis and reporting
- Inception report containing a detailed methodology along with plan and strategy: work plan, timeline, team, data collection, data sources, sampling and indicators, subjective and objective sources of data to capture comprehensive picture of the project interventions in the region.
- After the study a quantitative and qualitative report including data analysis is to be provided in draft form followed by a presentation of the findings and way ahead.
- Final report (in electronic MS. Word Format for publication) is to be provided after incorporating suggestions and feedback
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR QUALIFICATION AND APPLICATION FROM CONSULTANT/AGENCY
- Please note that the EOI for proposal will be preferred from Individuals, organizations or consortiums.
- The minimum requirements for qualification and application are the following:
- The complete technical and financial proposal with EOI, comprising the suggested contents given below:
|M. Information Generation Process
|N. Evaluation Team
|O. Team Composition And Qualification
|D. Specific Outputs
|Q. Time Frame (Proposed)
|F. Geographic Area of Intervention
|R. Roles and Responsibilities of Partners
|G. Target Group
|S. Duration of the Contract
|H. Specific Activities
|I. Flow Chart of Activities
|U. Management & Utilization Of Funds, and Maintenance of Accounts
|V. Use of Funds
|K. Tools and Evaluation Supplementary Materials
|W. Request for Funding (Fund Release)
|L. Capacity Building
- Organizations or consortiums to be registered, PAN and other legal/ statutory requirements
- CVs of the Leads / Research Coordinators
- Past experience of research/ completing studies/ evaluation on issues on Peace and DRR and at least three such research reports
- Additional requirements for Leads/ Research Coordinators
◦ Experience in compiling good practices documents on development issues
◦ Good writing and analytical skills.
◦ Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to promote collaboration and consensus building
◦ Proficiency in local language (Nimari), Hindi in addition to English
HOW TO APPLY
- Qualified individuals/ agencies/ consortiums are requested to submit a cover letter, CV of Lead Researcher along with Proposal to email@example.com with subject line Conducting Feasibility Study under Watershed Development Programme by 20th of November 2022.
- Incomplete applications Application without Technical and Financial Proposal will not be considered.
- Proposals will be screened by a Committee formed by IGSSS. Decision of Screening Committee of IGSSS will be final.
- Submission of proposal does not guarantee that the proposal will be accepted.
- IGSSS is no way obliged to respond to the rejection of the proposals.
- IGSSS also reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal, and to annul the call for proposal process and reject all proposals at any time prior to screening and selection procedure, thereby incurring any liability to the affected Individuals/ Agencies or any obligation to inform the affected Individuals/ Agencies of the grounds for the organization’s action.
- IGSSS will inform the shortlisted individuals/ agencies after the decision of the screening committee.
- Personal canvassing is strictly prohibited.