Disaster Risk Reduction
Build a resilient and empowered community in the most vulnerable regions accessing services, entitlements, ensuring dignity and protecting lives, livelihoods and assets in natural disaster and conflict situations.
The growing risks posed by disasters have meant that new approaches are required to help the nation cope more effectively. Our approach has been based on disaster risk reduction strategies, rapid response, extensive reach, technical expertise, and effective coordination in emergency situations which can help protect lives as well as create empowered and disaster-resilient communities.
How We Work
- Providing cash assistance to the most affected families to meet their immediate needs
- Facilitating psychosocial counseling and awareness of health and hygiene
- Provision of clean drinking water through raised hand pumps, tube wells and tanks
- Disaster-resilient infrastructure such as houses, roads,bridges and sanitation facilities for vulnerable communities
- Supporting the communities with specific inputs for restoring their livelihood
- Building community-based disaster preparedness through village contingency plan and training of disaster risk management committees
- Networking with Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRI) and government institutions for ustainability of initiatives
- Emergency Response, Relief and Rehabilitation
- Peace Promotion in conflict affected response areas
- Building disaster resilient infrastructure and models through Public Private Partnership
Disaster Risk Reduction Projects
IGSSS with the support of USL (United Spirit Limited) has started a project called Security Health Education (SHE). It is implemented in Ganjam district, Odisha. The intervention was conceived in response to the fact that Ganjam, being one of the most backward...
Peace Action Project, supported by Caritas Germany, aims at providing emergency relief to women suffering from gender based discrimination along with psychological wounds in the conflict vulnerable areas of Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) and Karbi Anglong district...