Location – New Delhi
Last Date – February 26, 2018
Number of positions – 1
Indo-Global Social Service Society (IGSSS) is a non-profit organisation working with the mandate for a humane social order based on truth, justice, freedom and equity. Established in 1960, IGSSS works for development, capacity building and enlightenment of the vulnerable communities across the country for their effective participation in development.
IGSSS implements and supports quality development programmes in 22 States and 1 Union Territory in India to empower individuals and communities. Through its programmes on Sustainable Livelihood, Disaster Risk Reduction, Gender Equality, Urban Poverty Reduction and Youth Development, IGSSS has reached out to more than One Lakh families every year. The Programmes at IGSSS are targeted towards the poor, marginalized and vulnerable sections of the society with special emphasis on women and children.
Role: To coordinate the overall implementation of the project ensuring donor compliance, programme quality, program cycle management, support internally to ensure robust programme delivery, reporting and working with identified grass roots organisations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead implementation of the project including– planning and managing the project ensuring project outcomes are on track
- Identify and build capacities of civil society organisations and their staff in accordance to the project requirements
- Develop project implementation strategy, process notes and detailed implementation plans
- Ensure effective communication with all internal stakeholders including partner (OFFER), project implementation committee and project steering committee
- Develop and test capacity building modules and execute the same with CSOs, SCAs and Homeless Volunteers.
- Map, network and strengthen the city / state level alliances and build their capacities consistently through the project
- Support identified CSOs to implement community capacity and leadership development interventions in line with the project design
- Network, participate and represent organisation in network/alliance building spaces with key stakeholders at the city/state level
MEAL, Programme Quality and Knowledge Management
- Monitor project progress, programmatic, financial and compliance-related, and manage/pre-empt any issues that arise proactively
- Lead the process of project specific MEAL development including development and use/adapt of tools/MIS to monitor results committed at a decided periodicity
- Create and maintain a knowledge repository of tools, resources and resource materials.
- Prepare Monthly Reports, QPR (Quarterly Progress Reports) and other reports as EC requirement which captures the processes and overall annual impact of the programmes
Inter – department/ thematic engagement
- Ensure that gender and diversity analysis is applied across all levels of planning and delivery
- Ensure coherence in ways of working with other teams at national and regional level, considering the variety of contexts; matrix management; and inter-culture management
Core competencies required:
- Proven experience of delivering complex projects, ensuring high standards and quality results.
- Working knowledge and practical experience on urban issues, especially on homelessness.
- Experience of designing and implementing capacity building programmes preferably on urban homeless issues.
- Experience in partnership management, particularly in facilitation and accompaniment processes with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise work in a complex institutional setting with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and ability to work well and flexibly in hard-working, multi-disciplinary teams based at different locations.
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed deadlines.
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Ability to think strategically and creatively. Including strong analytical skills, with an ability to link the micro with the macro perspectives.
- Demonstrated skills/ability in networking and alliance building, for building broader coalitions around urban and urban homelessness issues across regions
- Skills in reportage for the capturing of processes and experiences from partners/networks, using different media.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi is essential. Fluency in one or more regional languages.
Qualifications and experience:
- Masters in Development, Social Work or related studies
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management, from conception to delivery. Preferred Experience on working/managing European Commission and other institutional donor projects
- IT skills: knowledge and experience of MS Office packages and MIS/statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, R,) and familiarity with IT applications to support programme
Female and transgender candidates and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
The above position is on fixed term contract.