IGSSS is looking for a short term (April to October 2021) engagement for the position of Project Associate on homelessness based in Delhi Head Office.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the human rights and working with government, civil society and homeless community in 15 Indian cities. Should be open for frequent travel to project locations which are mainly cities in Bihar, Jharkhand, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu & Maharashtra
Position: Project Associate
No of Positions: 1 in no’s
Base Location: New Delhi
CV submission Deadline: 7th April 2021
About the project– “Enabling Inclusive Cities for the Homeless”, focuses to build and strengthen the network of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to promote justice and inclusion of urban poor homeless communities. The objective is to strengthen and capacitate 20 Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), working with the homeless communities, to become independent agents of justice and inclusion and build the foundation to lead the inclusion of Homeless in the various government schemes and mainstream homelessness in policy discourse.
- Working on homelessness
- Coordination with volunteers and Social Change Agent (SCA) in 15 cities of 5 states in day to day implementation.
- Coordination with key stakeholder and ensuring that activities are implemented as per the plan.
- Conducted online/offline capacity building for the volunteers, civil society network and social change agent.
- Support Project Officer in overall planning and implementation of the project.
- Field visits in respective cities as and when required.
Finance and Documentation
- Writing of the program reports.
- Comfortable working with account department in settling the program bills/ToRs/contracts.
- Moderate knowledge of excel.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Social Work/development studies.
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience on the issues of urban poverty, especially urban homeliness.
- Ability to interact with a wider variety of external stakeholders including government officials, and representatives from civil society organisations, community.
- Excellent written, verbal communications, and presentation skills
- Superior teamworking and collaborating skills.
- Drive, Commitment and Ownership for the delegated responsibilities
Remuneration / Package / Benefits: Maximum limit Rs. 40,000/- per month CTO based on experience and overall fit including PF as per law. In addition – range of benefits including medical insurance, personal accident insurance, and opportunities for further personal development.
Application Process: Interested candidates, please email the following to email@example.com mentioning the position name.
- Latest updated CV
- Details of 2/3 references with full contact details
- Expected Salary & Joining date
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Interviews.