Job Title: Rural Coordinator
Location: Karlamunda, Kalahandi, Odisha
Reporting to: State Coordinator, Odisha
The Rural Coordinator (Rural) is responsible for managing all aspects of the programme implementation in the target villages including finance, monitoring & evaluation, human resource, hiring of resource persons, liaisoning with Block, District and State Government Stakeholders, enhancing the organization outreach and participation at district, state and national platforms. The Position involves intensive (day to day) travel to the target villages based on the programmatic needs. She/He will be implementing rural projects as assigned by the State Coordinators as per the project plan in Kalahandi and Koraput district of Odisha
Key Performance Area
- The Rural Coordinator will be the main point person responsible for the day-to-day activities’ implementation for the project/s at the field level. Village level and District level action plan are developed and are implemented accordingly.
- The coordinator will strategies and plan for mobilising and organising people for different budgeted and non-budgeted activities.
- The coordinator will ensure that the project outputs are achieved as envisaged in the project proposal.
- The coordinator should ensure that the local self-governance is involved in all the project activities. The main responsibility of the rural coordinators will be to link the projects with local self-governance and work in coordination tor better convergence.
- The coordinator will be the person responsible to fill the all the project data in the MIS online for IGSSS.
- Establish linkages with government departments, NGOs and individuals around the issues (as per the projects) taken for intervention and to form alliance at Districts and blocks.
- The Facilitator will represent the project in all the District/ZP/GP/ platforms.
- Planning and implementation of the project in the intervention areas with community support and involvement, with strong focus on village level networking and campaigns
- Quarterly planning, budgeting, and implementation of all Program at village level is the responsibility of the coordinators.
- Enhancing Capacities and mentoring the community volunteers based on modules for villages.
- Supporting the State Coordinator to establish resource facilitation centres and leading relief/provision support to needy communities in the villages.
- Documenting village level reports and studying policy level changes and developments.
- Document best practices and case studies as well as process documentation at village level.
- Identifying capacity need of field team and organize capacity building program to implement the project successfully.
Qualification and Competencies
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in the field of social science, agriculture, management
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in the field of development sectors preferably on nutrition, agriculture, enterprise, climate change.
- Experience in handing field team, identifying their capacity needs and build capacity to achieve the project goal.
- Substantial knowledge regarding the program management on field level.
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required.
- Good understanding of financial and HR procedures required
- Excellent communication and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt within the working environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Have excellent mobilizing and organizing skills to implement programmes at the community level.
- Ability to be in the field and stay with the community.
- Subject knowledge on Nutrition and climate change.
The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history. Please do mention the current and expected remuneration package in your resume clearly.
IGSSS is an equal opportunity organization and encourages women candidates to apply. Interested candidate for this position are requested to apply with their updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org keeping and copy to email@example.com mentioning the post applied for in the subject line latest by March 30th, 2022