Urban Youth Leadership Program
Explore. Evolve. Lead. Transform
Indo-Global Social Service Society launches Urban Youth Leadership Programme, which encourages critical thinking and will equip you with actionable tools to transform yourself and your communities. This program, over the course of one year, will facilitate your personal development and pave the way for you to emerge as an exceptional leader. We want interns, who have a keen interest in exploring complex urban and social issues, and will not be hesitant to act in pursuit of people-centric solutions. We assure that you will return to your community with the knowledge and skills to mobilize your friends around a shared vision for a more inclusive sustainable city.
Who can apply?
- Young aspirants between the aged of 18-32 years belonging to the urban poor community settlements or re-settlement areas
- One who has the passion to work selflessly for the development and benefit of her/his own marginalized communities in the urban context
- One who has the desire to learn about different issues/challenges related to urbanization and wants to engage with them using a solution centric approach
- One who wants to pursue their career in the development sector
- One who promises to dedicate the next 9 months for this course that will include community driven work (for a few hours every day) under the mentorship of IGSSS and its network partners.
The course will be for nine months divided into three phases. The phases are as follows:
July 2018 – A week-long interactive training module on Poverty Analysis, Urban Development and Leadership, along with specification courses on urban issues like Urban Governance, Urban Water and Sanitation, Homelessness and Urban Shelter, Unorganized Labour. This course work will be conducted in IGSSS Delhi office and selected participants will be provided travel and lodging
August 2018 – December 2018 – 5 months of field level practical assignment lead by the youth leaders with guidance from local IGSSS network partners
January 2019 – A week-long interactive training module, with a participatory review of the practical assignment, refresher course and a final round of module on Urban Development and Leadership at IGSSS Office, New Delhi
Methodology of the Training Programme
- Interactive learning and reflection sessions to understand different issues related to urbanization and urban poverty, relevant policies and acts wrt urban development and informal sector workers.
- Interaction with urban development professionals/experts, community-based people’s organizations and government officials.
- Exposure to different Urban Local Bodies and Institutions, CSOs working on urban development issues, statutory bodies working on urban development issues.
- WhatsApp/ YouTube learning videos and materials.
- Exciting and impactful practical assignments.
- Seminars, workshops and exhibitions.
- Exposure visits and internships with the grass root level NGOs working on urban poor issues
How to apply:
Download the form and mail it to email@example.com with all the documents as mentioned in the form.
|Application form is available from||1st June 2018|
|Deadline for Submission||15th June 2018|
|Screening of the applications||between 15th June 2018 to 25th June 2018|
|Call for interview||30th July 2018 to 5th July 2018|
|Final list||7th July 2018|
1st Phase Training course – 15th July 2018 to 22nd July 2018
2nd Phase Training course – 15th January 2019 to 22nd January 2019