Location – Bandipora and Baramulla (Kashmir)
Implement and monitor quality development programmes, through facilitation and accompaniment, in order to empower marginalised communities in Kashmir region
Implement, monitor and report on Youth Development Programmes and Disaster Risk Reduction Programmes in Kashmir region in line with DIP requirements and process to achieve quality programme results, as committed to donor.
Conceptualize, design and develop innovative and relevant new programmes through secondary research, primary evidence building from field, learning from past experiences and best practices in line with the strategic mandate of programme expansion within the region/organization.
Networking and Linkages
Build relationships with government agencies in concerned operational areas, through building awareness on available government resources, facilitation of interface between government and community on issues of access and availability, in order to develop credibility and confidence on both sides.
Build and nurture effective relationships with likeminded organisations in the operational area, through regular interaction and exchange of information and resources, in order to build on synergies and convergence.
Collect, collate experiences from the field through personal visits and interaction with various stakeholders, in order to identify those that can be ploughed back into programme design and implementation, for more effective realisation of programme outcomes.
Document and disseminate experiences from the field that exemplify innovation and best practice, through various media, in order to ensure the effective representation and visibility of IGSSS as a credible and professional social development organisation.
Examine and scrutinise programme operations, through experimental and innovative initiatives, in order to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of programme management
Finance and Resource Management
Prepare realistic budget, in collaboration with Finance and in line with organizational norms, in order to achieve project results effectively and efficiently.
Robustly track and analyze budget trends and variance, through monitoring and accompaniment, in order to ensure smooth fund flow and effective utilization of funds as per the project framework.
Interact with colleagues and partner staff through dialogue and mutual cooperation, in order to explore new resources and talents, for enhancing the quality of programme implementation.
Core competencies required
- Deep understanding of of youth development and issues in J&K context
- Having understanding of natural and human induced hazards and root causes and driving factors of disaster vulnerability in Kashmir.
- Proficient and experienced in planning, monitoring and reporting of project activities
- Participatory and team approach to work and behaviour
- Ability in project proposal writing according to donor and organizational norms for project development and expansion.
- Ability in writing project reports and process reports for documentation of project processes in accordance to organizational and organizational norms.
- Skills in effectively communicating organizational vision and mission as well as project rational and objectives to other stakeholders for networking and linkage building.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office for management of project data and report writing in approved formats.
Qualifications and experience
Post graduate in the field of Development preferably MSW/Social Science/Youth Work with 5-7 years experience on working with young people, governance, livelihood etc
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
The above position is on fixed term contract
Interested applicants may E-mail their Curriculum Vitae with a photograph along with a cover letter stating the current CTO (Cost to the Organization) and expected CTO to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com mentioning the job title in the subject line.
The last date for receipt of application is 7th January 2017
In case your profile does not match with the aforementioned profile, you are requested not to apply.
Please also note that phone calls with regard to the applications will not be entertained.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.