Location – Bangalore
Last Date – February 05, 2018
Number of positions – 1
Indo-Global Social Service Society (IGSSS) is a non-profit organisation working with the mandate for a humane social order based on truth, justice, freedom and equity. Established in 1960, IGSSS works for development, capacity building and enlightenment of the vulnerable communities across the country for their effective participation in development.
IGSSS implements and supports quality development programmes in 22 States and 1 Union Territory in India to empower individuals and communities. Through its programmes on Sustainable Livelihood, Disaster Risk Reduction, Gender Equality, Urban Poverty Reduction and Youth Development, IGSSS has reached out to more than One Lakh families every year. The Programmes at IGSSS are targeted towards the poor, marginalized and vulnerable sections of the society with special emphasis on women and children.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and steer Networking and Public Engagement portfolio for the southern region
- Identify issues, constituencies and geographies for networking and advocacy in the south, with a focus on urban issues
- Map existing networks on urban issues and take active role to engage with them
- Provide support to re-energise networks and take lead as per organisational priorities
- Engage in periodic research, study and organize round tables on emerging urban issues
- Represent and visibilise IGSSS mandate/positions on core urban issues consistently in these networks
Core Competencies Required:
- Demonstrated skills/ability in networking and alliance building, for building broader coalitions around urban issues across regions
- Skills to facilitate cross learning with internal resources and external pool of consultants/academics/practitioners/activists to further develop thematic expertise on urban and issues, with a focus on the south
- Open to extensive travel
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Excellent communication skills in English- speak, read and write fluently in both languages.
- Working knowledge and practical experience on urban issues; social capital and knowledge of regional networks/alliances would be preferred
- Analytical skills, with an ability to link the micro with the macro perspectives, for guiding policy action and frameworks
- Skills in reportage for the capturing of processes and experiences from partners/networks, using different media
- Knowledge of statistical tools and packages would be preferred.
Qualifications and experience:
- Masters in Social Work or Post Graduate in Rural Development from a recognised university
- Minimum of 3-5 years of working experience on urban issues
- Knowledge related to policies on housing rights, Smart city and other schemes related to Urban Poor
Female and transgender candidates and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
The above position is on fixed term contract.
Interested applicants may E-mail their Curriculum Vitae with a photograph along with a cover letter stating the current CTO (Cost to the Organization) and expected CTO to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job title in the subject line.
In case your profile does not match with the aforementioned profile, you are requested not to apply.
Please also note that phone calls with regard to the applications will not be entertained.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
To know more about us, please visit our website- www.igsss.org