Integrated Livelihood Development – IGSSS Apollo Initiative
It is the fall out of DIL SE (Development of Integrated Livelihood Systems and Environment Conservation) Project which has been implemented 6 villages of Waghodiya block, Baroda District with the support of Suzlon Foundation for Sustainable Development since October 2008. In 2012 the project has been up scaled to new 25 villages in the same block with the prime motive of federating the women groups (SHGs) into their own self run and managed cooperative society which will look into the larger credit needs of the community for productive and non productive purposes. In the middle of 2012, Suzlon has suspended their agreed support to the project due to their financial crunch. In this context IGSSS negotiated with Apollo and took up the project to work in 5 villages adjoining to their factory at Limda village, Waghodia block, Baroda District.
Number of Beneficiaries:
• 250 most Vulnerable families in 5 villages in Waghodia block, Baroda District, Gujarat State
Types of Beneficiaries:
• Small and marginalized farmers in 5 villages
• Adolescent girls & Youth in 5 villages.
Key Intervention Areas:
The Apollo project concept has been developed from the experiences learned from the Dilse project by the active participation of field team in consultation and guidance of the Programme Quality Support Team and Finance IGSS.
The project covers following thematic areas:
• Sustainable Livelihood (Sustainable agriculture) (Male/Female)
• Gender Development (Women Empowerment)
• Health & Hygiene (Adolescent Girl & Youth)